Thursday 24 January 2013

Home made beefburgers

I am relieved that I can honestly say I have never bought a value burger from any supermarket. In fact, I rarely buy any sort of burgers and do my best not to buy any processed food.

So, in light of the current horse meat in burgers scandal, a few thoughts.

1) support your local butcher
2) buy locally reared meat (or at the very least know where it comes from)
3) make you own burgers

Add a finely chopped onion to som minced beef. Season with herbs, e.g. Basil, sage, thyme (whatever you like). Add a beaten egg and mix together with your hands.

Shape into beefburgers and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Cook by either grilling or frying.

Serve with a ciabatta roll, cheese, slice of beef tomato and a dollop of mustard mayo (mix mustard and mayo together).

Eat!

(Apologies for the photo quality - the first burger got eaten very quickly and this one didn't last long either).




No comments:

Post a Comment